Saturday, January 08, 2011

New year thoughts


So I know Christmas is over and done with but I thought Id fill u in on some of my Christmas thoughts. I was really blessed to be able to spend Christmas with some friends on a beautiful ranch in the Montana mountains. I was away from family but this also gave me more time to think on the reason for Christmas and to reflect on 2010 and look towards 2011.
I read Luke 1 and was reminded of how Jesus came to earth to save us from our sins but that he did this so that all the Glory could go to God not that we may live on easy street but that he name would be exulted.
I was also struck by the Angels comment and Marys response

37For nothing will be impossible with God." 38And Mary said, "Behold, I am the servant of the Lord; let it be to me according to your word." And the angel departed from her.

So I guess as I look behind to 2010 I can indeed say that nothing is impossible with God and pray that I will have that faith for the year ahead. Also that my response to Him this year my be just as Mary's was 2011 years ago.



Lord I am your servant and so let it be to me according to YOUR word.




The beautiful view from my lodge that I stayed at for Christmas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a view, J!